Kuwait Liberation Medal – Kuwait
The Kuwait Liberation Kuwait Medal is awarded by the Government of Kuwait to members of the Armed Forces of the United States and authorized by the Department of Defense on August 7, 1995.
It is awarded to members of the Armed Forces of the U.S. who served in support of Operations DESERT SHIELD and DESERT STORM between August 2, 1990 and August 31, 1993 in one or more of the following areas:
- the Arabian Gulf;
- the Red Sea;
- the Gulf of Oman;
- that portion of the Arabian Sea that lies north of 10 degrees north latitude and west of 68 degrees east longitude;
- the Gulf of Aden;
- or the total land areas of Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Omar, Bahrain, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
To be eligible, personnel must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Be attached to or regularly serving for one or more days with an organization participating in ground and/or shore operations.
- Be attached to or regularly serving for one or more days aboard a naval vessel directly supporting military operations.
- Actually participate as a crew member in one or more aerial flights directly supporting military operations in the designated areas.
- Serve on temporary duty for 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days during the period August 2, 1990 to August 31, 1993 under any of the criteria. This time limit may be waived for armed forces personnel who participated in actual combat operations.
The eligibility period and geographic boundaries were specified by the Government of Kuwait and may not be waived.
Posthumous award to the next of kin of any soldier who lost his life, while, or as direct result of participating in Operations DESERT SHIELD/STORM between August 2, 1990 and August 31, 1993, without regard to the length of such service.
Kuwait Liberation Kuwait Medal
The Government of Kuwait provided a one-time stock of the Kuwait Liberation Medal for initial issue to eligible personnel.
Order of Precedence
Kuwait Liberation Kuwait Medal is worn after Kuwait Liberation Saudi Arabia Medal
No subsequent award
No authorized devices