Kuwait Liberation Medal Saudi Arabia
The Kuwait Liberation Medal Saudi Arabia is awarded by the Government of Saudi Arabia to members of the Armed Forces of the United States and authorized by Department of Defense on January 3, 1992.
It is awarded to members of the Armed Forces of the U.S. who participated in Operation DESERT STORM between January 17, 1991 and February 28, 1991 in one or more of the following areas:
- Persian Gulf;
- Red Sea;
- Gulf of Oman;
- that portion of the Arabian Sea that lies north of 10 degrees north latitude and west of 68 degrees east longitude;
- the Gulf of Aden;
- or the total land areas of Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates.
To be eligible, personnel must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Be attached to or regularly serving for one or more days with an organization participating in ground or shore operations.
- Be attached to or regularly serving for one or more days aboard a naval vessel directly supporting military operations.
- Actually participate as a crew member in one or more aerial flights supporting military operations in the designated areas.
- Serve on temporary duty for 30 consecutive days during the period January 17, 1991 to February 28, 1991 . This time limit may be waived for personnel participating in actual combat operations.
The eligibility period and geographic boundaries were specified by the Government of Saudi Arabia and may not be waived.
Posthumous award to the next of kin of any soldier who lost his or her life, while, or as a direct result of, participating in Operation DESERT STORM between January 17, 1991 and February 28, 1991, without regard to the length of such service.
Order of Precedence
Kuwait Liberation Medal Saudi Arabia Medal Award
The Kuwait Liberation Medal Saudi Arabia, ribbon, and miniature medal are items of individual purchase. The Army accomplished an initial issue to eligible personnel from a one-time stock provided by the Government of Saudi Arabia in 1992.
No subsequent award
Gold Palm Tree Device